Welcome to Calvary Academy's first ever VIRTUAL Parent Night! It has been a long tradition for us to gather with parents and teachers to kick-off the school year on the evening of the second day of school and let you explore the classrooms, meet the teachers and discover what to expect in each class, and to learn important details from our administration. Tonight we have adjusted the evening for you to enjoy at your convenience from your home.
Please start with the following two video messages from Calvary Academy Education Administrator, Mrs. Donna Squires, and Calvary Academy Principal, Dr. Jay Hinckley.
Most classes at Calvary Academy utilize Google Classroom to communicate homework, lessons, and so much more. Additionally, each teacher has or will post a video this week to introduce themselves and offer more information regarding their class including class syllabus. Each teacher will email parents this week indicating their video is posted. We have included a Google Classroom Guide for more information on how to access and use Google Classroom on our website under RESOURCES.
FACTS STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
The FACTS management system provides our families the information needed regarding student grades, behavior, schedules, tuition payments, and more! If you do not already have a FACTS parent account, simply visit the FACTS Parent Login page and create a new family portal account. The requested District Code for Calvary Academy is CALV-IL.
All students also have access to FACTS to view their grades. An account for currently enrolled students has already been established using their CA Google Classroom email address. Here are the steps:
- Visit https://factsmgt.com/
- Select "Parent Log In"
- Select FACTS Family Portal (ParentsWeb) - opens a new tab
- Enter District Code: CALV-IL
- Username is students Google Classroom email. (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password is Calv2021. We suggest changing password after initial log in.
FACTS management system replaces the previously used Headmaster system.
The annual Walk-A-Thon is a decades old tradition at Calvary Academy and has helped hundreds of students raise funds for their tuition! Unfortunately due to gathering restrictions and to keep our students safe, we are not able to host Walk-A-Thon in the same way our students and staff have enjoyed for many years! However, we wanted to still offer the opportunity for our families to host a Virtual Walk-A-Thon to solicit pledges to support students and earn credit for your tuition account. Beginning today, August 18, through Friday, September 11, we encourage you to ask your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors to pledge to support your student. On Friday, September 11, go for a walk with your student and fulfill the miles pledged! It's that simple. To make it easier to solicit pledges, we have created a Calvary Academy Walk-A-Thon event on Facebook for you to share with your family and friends! The Walk-A-Thon pledge form is located on the Calvary Academy website under RESOURCES.
Checks can be written to Calvary Academy. When sending in money to the school, please send it directly to the Academy Office to the attention of Mrs. Martin with your student's name and the amount of money collected written on the envelope. Remember, 90% of every dollar raised is credited directly to your students tuition account while 10% is held to support Calvary Academy.
- We are committed to ongoing, timely, and informative communication between school and home.
- We will primarily use email to notify and inform parents. Please check your email for information sent from Calvary Academy and alert us of any changes or additions to family emails.
- The school will use text messaging and automated phone calls to communicate emergency information.
- Please follow Calvary Academy of Springfield on Facebook and Instagram.
- Information will be delivered electronically with limited printed materials sent home with students to restrict materials handling.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Continued concentration to cleaning and sanitation efforts throughout the day
- Increased supplies, signage, and education to encourage proper hand hygiene
- Common areas and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Medical quality air purifiers have been purchased & installed in each classroom.
- Personal protective masks are required for all staff, students, and visitors when entering and transitioning throughout the building and when unable to maintain social distance while inside the building.
- Daily symptom screening including temperature for all staff, students, and visitors upon arrival and mid-day
- Individuals with temperature greater than 100.0°F will not be allowed to stay.
- Must be fever free for 48 hours without fever reducing medication to return.
- Limited shared objects in the classroom
- Water fountains will not be used. We encourage all students to bring a filled water bottle to school each day. Water bottles may be carried with the students throughout the day. A refill station will be available in the cafeteria.
- The school will limit large group gathering by following the guidelines for 50 individuals or less in a single space.
- We will follow Sangamon County Department of Public Health guidelines on returning to learn once being exposed to positive COVID-19 individual. For those students who are quarantined, we will offer flex learning opportunities with remote instruction via Google Classroom.
The 2020/2021 school calendar has been revised through October 31 to make changes due to gathering restrictions. Details regarding these changes will be communicated closer to the time of the events. Click here to view the 20/21 calendar on the Calvary Academy website.
CALVARY ACADEMY APPAREL
Calvary Academy online apparel store remains open through Thursday, August 20.